Gangtok, June 27: (IPR) IN THE MEETING HELD AT TASHILING SECRETARIAT WITH THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS, THE HON’BLE CHIEF MINISTER ANNOUNCED THE FOLLOWING
1. Setting up of Commission for Identification of genuine BPL families for formulation of suitable schemes for them. Also Identification of BPL families among business community. The Commission has to submit report within 90 days.
2. Waiver of mutation fee on ancestral land while registering in the name of siblings.
3. Teaching fraternity acquiring higher qualifications will be made eligible for applying for higher posts. This would give a great boost to the morale of the teachers.
4. Laptop to Sikkimese students studying in private Colleges and Universities in Sikkim.
5. Land donor of Government schools will be provided job as per their qualification.
6. Salary of Primary and Jr. High School teachers and staff members will be disbursed from their respective BACs.
7. Reinstate of old Academic Annual School calendar from next academic session.
8. All syndicate and taxi stand will be handed over to Taxi Driver Association.
9. Online booking system of registered taxi to be introduced in coming days.
10. Motor vehicle tax payment:
Motor vehicle tax with provision of payment option for one year and five years. This facility will provide more option to the public as per their will -annually or one time for 5 years to be introduced very soon.
• Online payment system
Online payment of motor vehicle tax with an option of payment annually and one time for five years will be made operational very soon.
With the introducing of this new system it would allow the public to pay their vehicle taxes online sitting at home in addition to the existing services. With this reform it will not only provide easy service but also save lot of energy and time of the public.
Further, in the coming months the Transport Department, Govt. of Sikkim shall take steps towards more online citizen centric services like online vehicle registration, transfer of ownership, fitness, online permit in 2nd phase.
11. Online system to be introduced for registration and mutation of land in coming days.
12. Online payment of utility bills (Electricity, Sewerage, water and garbage) will be introduced in coming days in the state.
13. Online trade license registration and renewal payment system will be introduced in the coming days in the state with an option of payment annually and one time for five years.
14. E-services to be introduced through e-district project in the coming days and subsequently the online facilities to be provided in all GPUs.