Gyalshing, 26th January, 2019 (IPR) : The 70th Republic Day program was celebrated in a grandeur manner at the District Administration Center, Rabdentse, West Sikkim. Shri. S. B. Subedi, Minister, RMDD chaired the celebration as the Chief Guest along with DC West; SP West, ADC West; Padmashree Shri. Kedar Gurung; HODs and other dignitaries.
In his address to the gathering Shri. Subedi congratulated all on the occasion of Republic Day. He acknowledged the sacrifices made by the defence forces of the country who have done alot for everyone to be kept safe. He stated that their sacrifices have indeed kept Sikkim and the country safe. He then thanked the officials and the administrative staffs who have worked hard. He also urged the officials to continue working selflessly for the benifit of the public.
He also congratulated the awardees along with the entire administrative section.
The Message of Hon’ble Governor and Hon’ble Chief Minister of Sikkim was read out by DC and ADC West respectively.
The Chief Guest also handed over Felicitations to Officers and Staffs of DAC for their services for the West District.
The list of awardees are as follows.
I. Meritious Award for Best Performing Schools of West District.
1. Lingchom Sr. Sec School
2. Gangyap Secondary School
3. Darapthang Junior High School
4. Lower Tadong Primary school.
II. Meritorious Award for Best Performing Employees of West District.
1. Mr. Bikash Rai & Bikash Subba (Best Booth Level Officer)
2. Mr. Joshep Lepcha (ACF,KNP)
3. Mrs. Urmila Subba (RO,Wildlife)
4. Mr. Nar Bdr. Thapa(Asst. Livestock Inspector/Ah,LF&VS)
5. Mr. Baudaman Chettri (Meter Reader,Power Deptt.)
6. Mr. Aita Hang Subba(2nd SHO,Soreng)
III. Champions of West District Awardees.
1. Mr. Sonam G. Bhutia (SE, Buildings &Housing Deptt.)
2. Mr. Tushar Nikhare, IAS (SDM/Geyzing)
3. Mr. Santosh Alley (Sr. Welfare Officer)
4. Dr. Tseten Namgyal Bhutia (CMO, District Hospital Gyalshing)
5. Mr. Amrit Rai (RO/LRMD)
6. Mr. Dilip Sharma,DCSO
7. Mr. Surat Kr. Gurung(ADC/Dev)
8. Mrs. T. Eden, Addl. Director (HRDD)
9. Mr.H.B Shanker, CDPO.
A special showcasing of Arms were exhibited by the SSB during the Republic Day Program at the DAC.