A State level Award Presentation Ceremony under the ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ campaign was organised under the aegis of State Project Office, Samagra Shiksha, Education Department on 30/03/2023 at Gangtok. The Chief Guest for the day was Shri Milan Subba, State Project Director, Samagra Shiksha, Education Department followed by the Guest of Honour, Shri T.B. Subba, Additional Director cum Chief Accounts Officer, Samagra Shiksha. The program also had the presence of Professor Pranati Panda, Head of Department, National Institute for Educational Planning & Administration, New Delhi as the special guest.
Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Programme was conceptualised by the Government of India with the idea of a sustained and structured cultural connect between people of different regions. The schools of Sikkim have been conducting various activities and programmes under the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat campaign over the years.
Based on various competitions and activities held at Block, District and State level, the winners were selected from different schools across the state.
In the primary level Fancy Dress Competition, the winners are:-
1. 1st position- Ongdup Lepcha, Naday Primary School, Mangan District
2. 2nd position- Badal Subba, Lossing Primary School, Pakyong District
3. 3rd position- Nelisa Manger, Dhargaon Primary School, Namchi District
In the Elementary level Painting Competition, the winners are:-
1. 1st position- Yangchen Tamang, Rangrang JHS, Mangan District
2. 2nd position- Nischal Tamang, Mabong JHS, Soreng District
3. 3rd position- Ayushna, Rakdong Tintek JHS, Gangtok District
In the Secondary level Essay-Writing Competition, the winners are:-
4. 1st position- Simran Subba, Tashiding Sr. Sec. School, Gyalshing District
5. 2nd position- Kulshang Palmu Bhutia, Tingchim Sec. School, Mangan District
6. 3rd position- Aman Tamang, Pipalay Sec. School, Soreng District
Best Performing District Award- Gangtok District
The Chief Guest, Shri Milan Subba, State Project Director, Samagra Shiksha in his address congratulated all the winners and further highlighted on the importance of various flagship programmes of the State and Central Govt. of India. Finally, the day’s programme concluded with the presentation of awards in the form of cash prizes, trophies and certificates to the winners.