Gyalshing, 8th May, 2020 (IPR): The State Pollution Control Board, Government of Sikkim held an emergency meeting regarding Guidelines for Covid-19 and Bio-Medical Waste (BMW) segregation and disposal was held at the Conference Hall, Zilla Panchayat Bhawan, Kyongsha, West Sikkim.
The meeting was attended by Shri. Karma L. Lepcha, ADC (W); Smt. Kusum Gurung, JD (SPCB); Smt. Bhumika Pradhan, MEO (W); Smt. Sabitri Gurung, AD Sanitation; Shri. Mukesh Dahal (BDO, Gyalshing) and other officials.
The agenda of the meeting are :
1. Identify waste collector and arrange doorstep collection from institutional and Paid quarantine centers.
2. Transport the COVID-19 or other biomedical waste in the dedicated vehicles safely to the incineration facility in the nearest authorized hospital.
3. The waste collector should maintain a record of daily waste collected and obtain receipt of waste disposal at the hospital .
4. For the safety of the waste Collector. PPE should be provided to the Collector and should wear during collection to delivery at the hospital.
5. Provide yellow colored bags to the quarantine centers/Paid quarantine for collection of bio-medical waste generated from the centre.
6. Segregation of solid waste and BMW waste and dispose as per the Solid waste management and BMW Rules,2016.
The guidelines of State Pollution Control Board and the responsibility of the person in charge of the quarantine centers regarding waste management was handed over to the quarantine in charge.
ADC along with the SPCB team visited Kyongsha GSSS and Girls Hostel which is designated as a Quarantine Centers for Gyalshing surroundings.