PRESS RELEASE ISSUED BY EXCISE DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF SIKKIM
Whereas the State Government has approved the opening of Foreign Liquor Retail ( FLR) Shops in the State of Sikkim with effect from 20.04.2020 vide notification number 28/Home/2020 dated 17.04.2020.
Therefore, in order to enforce the directives, the following measures are to be strictly adhered by all the FLR shops in the State of Sikkim:
1) The FLR shops shall remain open from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM only except on dry days.
2) The licensee of the FLR shops shall be personally responsible for deploying their staff to ensure maintaining of social distancing of at least 1 metre between the customers.
3) Face masks should be worn by the staff at all times and should strictly follow the directives issued by the Government with reference to COVID-19 management. The FLR shops must ensure that not more than two persons are present for managing the shop at any time.
4) Not more than 3 customers are allowed at any shop at a particular time and in order to avoid overcrowding, the staff of the particular FLR shop may direct the customers to other nearby shops or make the customers wait outside the shop by following social distancing norms. It is the sole responsibility of the shops to ensure that customers are following social distancing.
5) The FLR shops shall extend full cooperation to the District Administration, Excise Department, Police Department and must strictly adhere to the instructions given by the concerned authorities from time to time.
6) Overcharging on any products is strictly prohibited.
7) All the Distributor and Sub-Distributor warehouses shall also remain open from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM duly following all the norms of social distancing.
8) Any violation of the above mentioned guidelines or those issued in regard to COVID-19 management by the Government from time to time will invite cancellation of Excise license immediately without any information / show cause to the concerned licensee.
GOVERNMENT OF SIKKIM