Transit Camps for Drivers and helpers of Essential Commodity functional in West Sikkim.
Gyalshing, 18th April 2020 (IPR): The District Collector West Sikkim Shri. Karma R. Bonpo informed that the Transit Camps for the Drivers plying to Siliguri, West Bengal from West Sikkim located at Sisnay Petrol Pump and Auditorium Hall of Kyongsa Girls Sr. Sec. School, West Sikkim is functional for West District.
Shri. Bonpo mentioned that all driver who crosses the Melli Checkpost to Siliguri are advised to halt at the Transit Camp when returning to the West District which is well equipped with food and lodging facilities. He also stated that the drivers need to understand that the facilities are provided for them so as they don’t endanger their families and other public.
The steps were made to ensure that drivers and their helpers do not pose a risk to the general population. He has also underlined directives for them to follow which include:
1. Permits would only be issued by ADC/SDMs;
2. When returning from Siliguri to the district the movement of the Driver and helper needs to be restricted and they need to halt at the Transit Camp as mentioned above.
3. The Driver and the helper need to put masks at all times.
4. Medical Certificate is a must for the drivers and helper while applying for a permit.
5. Weekly inspection of the Driver and helper by Medical Officer must be done.
6. The driver and helper will not be allowed to go home in the district after their return.
7. All driver MUST install the Aarogya Setu App on their phones.
8. Any violation of the directions would be dealt with strictly.
He also mentioned that the Police would ensure that the Drivers and helpers of the vehicles plying to Siliguri would be stationed at the Transit Camp.