Hon’ble Minister Shri Samdup Lepcha inspected the construction of Munshithang Bailey Suspension Bridge

Mangan, January 29: (IPR) Hon’ble Minister for Roads & Bridges and Culture Affairs Department, Government of Sikkim, Shri Samdup Lepcha on Wednesday inspected the ongoing construction of the 360 feet Munshithang Bailey Suspension Bridge, which will serve as a life line between Lachen and rest of the state.

Minister, Shri Samdup Lepcha travelled along the entire length of the bridge on foot and took the stock of ongoing construction of the bridge which is being jointly built by 86 RCC (GREF) and Corps of Engineering (Army).

Minister, Shri Lepcha was accompanied by Major Prashant Lalotra, OC 86 RCC and SDPO, Chungthang Shri L. B. Chettri.

Major Prashant informed that the said bridge shall withstand a load of 24 tons of Track and wheel vehicle, further he informed that 95% of bridge constructions have already been completed, remaining 5% works such as construction approach road on either side of the bridge, construction of retaining wall etc. will be done within a month with all necessary safety measures and most probably the vehicles can ply over the bridge by the end of February 2020.

In return, Minister appreciated the speedy work that was executed by the GREF and Army Engineers and assured to felicitate them with token of appreciation on its inaugural day. Furthermore, he also assured the Major Prashant to provide every possible help from his end for improvement of Roads and Bridges of the district.

Minister began his inspection of the bridge at around 2.30pm and spends nearly an hour on new bridge today.

It may be recalled that the construction of Munshithang Baily Suspension Bridge was commenced on last week of October 2019.

You May Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 + 1 =