Mangan, January 26: (IPR) A weeklong “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao”(BBBP) celebration 2020 proposed by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India which started on 20th January 2020 in north Sikkim successfully concluded today.
The closing ceremony was organised by the District Task Force (DTF) at conference hall of Zilla Panchayat Bhawan, Pentok, North Sikkim in convergence with 71st Republic Day Celebration, wherein Minister for Roads & Bridges and Culture Affairs Department, Shri Samdup Lepcha was present as the chief guest.
It may be pertinent to mention here that during the weeklong BBBP celebration the DTF had conducted various events and nominated best girl achievers in different fields. In this context, on its closing ceremony the DTF announce the name of the best achieves of the district under BBBP programme and accordingly the chief guest handed over the incentives to the following achievers.
Best girl achievers in academics:-
1. Prena Gajmer(class XII) of Mangan Sr. Sec. School for scoring 85% in science.
2. Dawa Lhamu Lepcha (class XII) of Phodong Sr. Sec. School for scoring 59% in commerce.
3. Tshering Ongmu Lepcha (class X) of Kalzang Gyatso Sr. Sec. School for 65%.
Best School Management Committee:-
1. Sonam Choda Lepcha Memorial Secondary School, Lingdong, Dzongu, North Sikkim.
Best girl achiever in sports:-
1. Doma Lepcha, D/O Tashi Lepcha, Mangan Sr. Sec. School.
1. Chumi Sherpa, Chungthang.
2. Diku Maya Pradha, Phensong.
3. Aruna Rai, Dzongu.
1. Dichen Ongmu Lepcha (cricket)
2. Dikcha Bishwakarma (Boxing)
3. Dolma Lhamu Lachenpa (Academics)
1. Lanzey Donka Denzongpa, CDPO,Mangan
Winner of painting and essay competition:-
1. Wangdul Lachenpa, Mangan Sr. Sec. School
2. Ayush Sharma, Mangan Sr. Sec. School
3. Sangay Doma Bhutia, Kalzang Gyatso Sr. Sec. School
Essay writing competition:-
1. Manisha Rai, Kalzang Gyatso Sr. Sec. School
2. Hasim Akhtar, Mangan Sr. Sec. School
3. Phu Doma Sherpa, Kalzang Gyatso Sr. Sec. Shool