As per the directions of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Sikkim, a team headed by the District Collector, East and comprising of Panchayat members of the GPU, ADC/East, ADC (Dev) Gangtok, BDO/Ranka, CDPO Gangtok (Rural Project) and other officials of various line departments visited 32-Luing Perbing Gram Panchayat Unit.
During the field visit, the District Collector, East gave the following decisions and directions:
1. The team visited Luing Sr. Sec. School which has a strength of 240 students and was upgraded in the year 2017 as a Sr. Sec. School.
The Principal of the school informed the DC/E regarding the land dispute for footpath from Luing Road. SMC submitted a petition regarding this issue and the ADC/E was directed to conduct a hearing submit a report.
2. Pending registration of land measuring 100ft. x 35ft. where an abandoned building is situated. AD/Education Ranka was directed to submit all relevant documents and process the registration of the said land.
3. The performance of Class VII students was assessed and was found to be satisfactory. The DC/E directed the Principal to conduct remedial classes in the last period for improvement of the students whose performance was found below average.
The performance of students of Class X in Mathematics was found to be unsatisfactory and the notebooks of the students were not checked by the concerned teacher. The Principal was directed to issue notice to the concerned teacher for the lapse. It was suggested that remedial classes be held for below average students of Primary, Secondary and Sr. Secondary classes separately.
4. Students of Class XII had requested for grant of assistance for an Educational Tour to West Sikkim. The DC/E sanctioned Rs. 10,000/- for the purpose and directed the students to submit a tour report after completion of the tour.
5. The DC/E sanctioned the repair, plastering and beautification of the Mid-day Meal kitchen and also the repair of the toilet. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate for the works. Further, the Principal was directed to affix a board mentioning the menu in the kitchen.
6. A dry wall measuring about 20 ft. behind the school building was sanctioned by the DC/E. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate for the work.
7. The School Management Committee was directed to ensure the completion of the Jhora work near the new building. ADC/E was directed to write to the Engineering Cell, Education Department to expedite the completion.
8. The team visited the Luing Primary Health Sub-Centre (PHSC). The DC/E sanctioned the amount for the repair and beautification of the PHSC. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate . The Panchayat President assured to provide a water filter for the PHSC.
9. The team visited the Gram Prashasan Kendra of 32- Luing-Perbing GPU and DC/E inspected the records pertaining to MGNREGA and found them to be satisfactory.
The Panchayat President informed the DC/E regarding the construction of truss above the GPK building sanctioned under the 14th Finance Commission and stated that the fund was insufficient for construction of a community hall. BDO/Ranka was directed to put up a proposal through the Gram Sabha for the construction of a Community Hall above the GPK building under the Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra. ADC/Dev (Gangtok) was directed to expedite the approval from the Rural Development Department.
10. Luing Veterinary Dispensary which is functioning in a rented premises was also inspected by the team.
11. BDO/Ranka was directed to take up the construction of the footpath in Middle Luing to ICDS centre and further down to the partially completed footpath near Ranka-Luing PWD road under MGNREGA and expedite its completion.
12. The DC/E sanctioned the repair of foundation, flooring, ceiling, toilet, septic tank and beautification of the Middle Luing ICDS Centre. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate for the works.
13. The repair of a damaged bridge at Kharkagaon, Lower Luing was sanctioned by the DC/E under NC.
14. The II phase of the road from Lower Burtuk via Lower Luing till Thamidara was found incomplete. ADC/E was directed to write to the Roads & Bridges Department regarding the road.
15. The team inspected the Lower Luing Primary School which had a strength of 39 students. The DC/E sanctioned the repair of the Dining Hall and construction of a protective wall below the hall. Fixing of railing in front of Class I & II, repair of the dry wall behind the Mid-day Meal kitchen and repair of the foundation of the kitchen were also sanctioned by the DC/E. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate for the works.
16. The DC/E sanctioned the development of the playground of the school, fencing and construction of a protective wall near the ground. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate for the works.
17. The Principal of the school was directed to carry out the beautification of the school by the SMC.
18. The team inspected the Lower Luing ICDS Centre. The DC/E sanctioned the repair of the flooring, kitchen platform and construction of railing in the centre. JE/Ranka BAC was directed to submit an estimate for the works.
19. Panchayat members of Ranka and Rey-Mendu GPU submitted an application for repair of water supply tank. Rs 2,00,000/- has been sanctioned for the repair of the tank under NC in convergence with MGNREGS. BDO/Ranka was directed to take up the work of repair of the water tank.