INFORMATION & PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
GOVERNMENT OF SIKKIM
PUBLICATIONS UNDER SECTION 4(1) OF THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT,
|2.||CHAPTER- 2||Organization,function &duties||2|
|3.||CHAPTER- 3||Power & Duties of officers&
|4.||CHAPTER- 4||Procedure followed in decision
|5.||CHAPTER- 5||Norms set to the discharge of
|6.||CHAPTER- 6||Rules, regulations, instructions,
manual and records for
|7.||CHAPTER- 7||Categories of the documents held
by the public authority under its
|8.||CHAPTER- 8||Arrangement for consultation with,
or representations by the members of the
public in relations to the formulation of
policy or implementation thereof.
|9.||CHAPTER- 9||Boards of council, committees and other
bodies constituted as part of the public
|10.||CHAPTER-10||Directory of Officers and employees||10-11-12-13|
|11.||CHAPTER- 11||Monthly remuneration received by
Officers and employees, including
The system of Compensation as
Provided in Regulations
|12.||CHAPTER-12||Budget allocated to each agency including
|13.||CHAPTER-13||Manner of execution of subsidy
|14.||CHAPTER-14||Particulars of recipients of concession
of permits or authorization granted by
the public authority.
|15.||CHAPTER-15||Information available in electronic form|
|16.||CHAPTER-16||Particulars of facilities available to
citizens for obtaining information.
|17.||CHAPTER-17||Names, designations and other
particulars of public information officer
and assistant public information officers.
|18.||CHAPTER-18||Other useful informations||21-31|
1.1 & 1.2 Background, Objective/purpose of this information handbook
The main purpose of bringing out of this Handbook under section 4 (1) (b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 is to ensure that all the citizens are able
to know informations which are under the control of the Public authorities concerned. The idea is to give transparency, accountability and openness in Government organizations
1.3 Who are the intended users of the hand book.
All citizens, civil society Organization, Public representatives, Officers and employees of Public authorities including Public Information Officer and Assistant Public Information Officers and Appellate Officers, central and State Information Commissions etc.
1.4 Definations of Key terms.
1.5 Organization of information
The Organization of the information in this hand book is given chapter wise in the Index.
1.6 Getting additional information
The sources, procedures and fees structure for getting information are given in the Notification No. 230/GEN/DOP, Department of Personnel & Training, dated 22.12.2005.
1.7 Name & addresses of Key contact points.
- Smt.Parinita Lama SPIO,Joint Director(Adm.), IPR. Department
Government of Sikkim, Tadong, Gangtok- 737102
- Mr. Sonam Goperma, District Information Officer- in - charge (East)/ASPIO, IPR Department, Government of Sikkim, Tadong, Gangtok-737102
ORGANISATION, FUNCTION AND DUTIES
(Section 4 (1) (b) (i) )
2.1 Particulars of the Organizations, functions and duties:-
I. Name and Address of the Organization-
Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Sikkim.
Tadong, Gangtok, East Sikkim 737102.
II. Functions and Duties
The Department of Information and Public Relations is one of the organizations of the Government and functions as a bridge between the Government and General Public in disseminating information relating to all round development of the State.
The department deals with the following matters:
- All matters relating to official publication including advertisement s on policies and developmental activities of the Government through media.
- Collection of feedback information on reaction of the Press on policies and developmental activities of the Government.
- Press conference.
- Formulation and implementation of Rules and Regulations governing functioning press.
- Liaisoning with official Media Agencies of other States.
- Liaisoning with Central Media Agencies in Sikkim and elsewhere.
- Public Services- Statutory rules of the services with which the department is concerned.
- All other activities relating to publicity of state government activities , programmes and policies.
Section 4 (1) (b) (ii) )
POWER AND DUTIES OF OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
1. Principal Secretary: Head of the Department and acts as Principal Advisor to the Ministers in charge on all matters of policy and decisions. Accords approval and sanction to proposals as per the power delegated under the rules.
2. Special Secretary: Acts as Head of Office and accords approval and sanction as per the delegation of power and submits all cases requiring policy decisions to the Secretary IPR.
3. Deputy Director(Publication): Acts as In-charge of all works pertaining to publication of Sikkim Herald in different regional languages, Sikkim Today, a quarterly magazine of the department , Compendium and other publications including printing of Annual IPR Calender. Makes arrangements for the Journalists from outside the State visiting Sikkim and co- ordinates works relating to media, Photo and Video coverage. He is also appointed as State Information Officer under the Right to Information Act, 2005 and Nodal Officer, Public Grievances Cell and Nodal Officer, NEC of the IPR Department.
4. Deputy Director (Film): In-charge of Audio-Visual (Videographic /Film section & P.A.
System).Deploys videographer and projectionists for coverage of various official functions and telecasting of documentary films through TV Channels. Also organizes training on Videography.
5. Joint Director (Photo): In-charge of Photographic /photo section. Deploys photographers and other staff for coverage of various official functions and also organizes photo exhibition and training on Photography. Keeps records of all photographs of all government functions and others in digitalized formats in the archive.
6. SIA (Media/DIO-in-charge, East): Responsible for coverage of official functions of the State Government and issuing press releases to the media houses about various activities, policies and programmes of the government. Deals with the issuance of accreditation cards to the media persons. Liaisons with different departments to publicize their activities. Also appointed as ASPIO under RTI Act, 2005.
7. Deputy Director (Publication): Assists Joint Director (Publication) in the works related to publication sector of the department.
8. Deputy Director (Film/Editor/Sikkim Herald English): Assists Joint Director (Films) with works related to film section. Also works for publication of Sikkim Herald (English) and Sikkim Today (English).
9. Under Secretary (Administration): Also acts as Advertising Officer and initiate proposals pertaining to release of advertisements both Display and classified to various newspapers and periodicals published within and outside the State as per the Advertisement Policy, 2006 and examines advertisement bill when they are submitted for certification and settlement. He also deals with matter related to administration of the department.
10. District Information Officer: charged with responsibility of news reporting, providing feedback to the Government on various developmental schemes, people’s reactions and co-ordinating with other departments for media coverage. Also hold the charge of Drawing & Disbursing officer in their respective district except East district. Provides P.A. system Photo coverage to VVIPs, VIP and other official functions except for East district.
11. Editors/Sub- Editors: Look after editing of Sikkim Herald in various languages and they are responsible for timely publication of their respective issues of Sikkim Herald including other periodicals.
12. Senior Information Assistants: Act as subordinate staff to District Information Officer for news coverage and other officials works in the DICs.
13. Office Superintendent: Assists US(Adm.) with regard to the administrative and establishment matters.
14. Accounts Officer: Responsible for matters pertaining to accounts and financial matters..
(Section 4(1) (b) (iii) )
4.1 PROCEDURE FOLLOWED IN DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
Procedure in decision making is being made in accordance with the manual of office procedure, 1998 and other rules, notifications etc are listed in chapter 6.
Dealing Clerk of the particular section of the department submits the case to the office Superintendent/concerned officer in the relevant file of the subject matter along with the reference papers, relevant circulars, precedent book etc. The Office Superintendent/concerned office after scrutinizing the note of the dealing clerk submits a comprehensive a note setting out his own comments/suggestions if any, to the sectional head of the department. The sectional head examines the case thoroughly in accordance with the Government Rules/departmental instructions as may issued from time to time and submits notes/giving views/observation to the next higher authority i.e. director who in her turn also examine the case and forward the same to the Secretary of the department with her views/comments/ advice on the matter. The Secretary after going through the full notes/proposal either makes decision or forward the same to the Minister-in –charge for approval and cases requiring policy decisions and schemes beyond sanction of Secretary/Minister and endorsed to Council of Minister for approval and sanction.
NORMS SET TO THE DISCHARGE OF FUNCTIONS
(Section 4(1) (b) (iv) )
In order to discharge the functions of the department smoothly the department is giving general instruction and advices to all officers and staff through monthly departmental coordination meetings and also issuing office orders/circulars in this regard from time to time.
RULES, REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTION, MANUAL AND RECORDS FOR DISCHARGING FUNCTIONS
(Section 4(1) (b) (V) )
1. The Sikkim Government Service Rules, 1974 2. The Sikkim Government Establishment Rules, 1974 3. The Sikkim government Service (Confidential Roll) Rules, 1976 4. The Sikkim Government Servants’ Conduct Rules, 1981 5. The Sikkim Government Servants’ (Discipline & Appeal) Rules 1985 6. The Sikkim Public Service Commission (Exemption from consultation) Regulations,1986 7. The Sikkim Government Service (Leave) Rules, 1982 8. The Sikkim government Service (Revised Pay) Rules 1998 9. The Sikkim Government Service (Advancement Grade) Rules 1999 10. The Sikkim Traveling Allowance Rules, 1980 11. The Sikkim Service (Medical Facilities) Rules 12. The Sikkim State Services (Regulation or Seniority) Rules, 1980 13. The Sikkim Government Financial Rules, 1979 14. Manual of office procedures, 1998 15. Advertisement Policy, 2006 vide No. 24/IPR/06-07 dated 10.10.2006 16. Rate fixation for charging fee for shooting films in Sikkim vide Notification No.17/IPR/05-06 dated 17.06.2005 17. Rate fixation for hiring P.A. System vide Circular No.16/IPR/04-05 dated 10.03.2005. 18. Other instruction issued by the Government from time to time.
CATEGORIES OF DOCUMENTS HELD BY THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY UNDER ITS CONTROL
(Section 4 (1) (b) (vi))
1. Copies of all issues of Sikkim Herald 2. Copies of all ad-hoc publications of the department 3. The Personal files in respect of all staff of the department 4. Guard Files of all office orders, circulars & notifications 5. General correspondence files 6. Accounts files 7. Files pertaining to Advertisement Section 8. Files pertaining to Photo Section, and CDs. 9. Files pertaining to Film Section , and CDs 10. Files pertaining to Publication Section
ARRANGEMENT FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR REPRESENTATON BY THE
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC IN RELATION TO THE FORMULATION OF POLICY OR IMPLEMENTATION THEREOF
(Section 4 (1) (b) vii)
BOARDS, COUNCIL, COMMITTES AND OTHER BODIES CONSTUTUTED AS PART OF PUBLIC AUTHORITY<br<
(Section 4 (1) (b) (viii) )
The Departmental Purchase Committee has been constituted vide Notification No.
122/IPR/02-03 dated 26th October, 2002 to assess the purchase of departmental goods.
The Purchase Committee will verify the make, quality, model etc. of the items being purchased for the department besides verifying their rates and cost vis-à-vis availability of fund in the budget.
DIRECTORY OF OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
(SECTION 4 (1)(b)(ix))
|Sl.No.||Name||Designation||Name of the
|2||Namrata Thapa||Spl. Secretary||-do -||03592-231132|
MONTHLY REMUNERATIONS RECEIVED BY OFFICERS AND EXPLOYEES INCLUDING THE SYSTEM OF
COMPENSATIONS AS PROVIDED IN REGULATIONS
(SECTION 4 (1)(b)(x))
following format (as on 31/12/2015)
as given in
|1||Govind Mohan,IAS||Principal Secretary||119809|
|2||Namrata Thapa||Special Secretary||115476|
MANNER OF EXECUTION OF SUBSIDY PROGRAMMES
(Section 4 (1) (b) xii)
PARTICULARS OF RECEIPIENTS OF CONCESSIONS,
PERMITS OR AUTHORIZATION GRANTED BY THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY
(Section 4 (1) (b) xiii)
INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN ELECTRONIC FORM
(Section 4 (1) (b) (xiv))
|Description (Site Address/
Contents of title location where
|Designation & address of the custodian of Information (Held by whom?)|
|Web Site||www.sikkimipr.gov.in -
Sikkim Herald, Press Releases, Classified,
Photos, Documents, Forms etc.
15.2 Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information has been described in the next.
PARTICULARS OF FACILITIES AVAILABLE TO CITIZENS FOR OBTAINING
(Section 4 (1) (b) xv)
|Details of Information made
|Notice Board||Head Office, Gangtok, DIC
Namchi, Gyalzing & Mangan and
PRO’s Office , Siliguri
|Sikkim Herald and Herald
|Publications||-do-||All IPR Publications|
(Time: Office hour 10am to 4pm)
|Sikkim Herald, Herald
Classified, news papers and
other IPR publications
|Websites||www.sikkimipr.gov.in||Sikkim Herald, Herald
Classified and other
informations as indicated at
|Other facilities||Sikkim Herald are also mailed to
all Central and State Ministers,
State Government Departments,
Schools, Panchayats, Health Centres etc.
NAMES, DESIGNATINS AND OTHER PARTICULARS OF PUBLIC INFORMATION
OFFICER & ASSTT. PUBLIC INFO. OFFICERS.
Section 4 (1) (b) xvi)
First Appellate Authority.
|Miss. Namrata Thapa,
Joint -Director SPIO
|3||ASPIO||Mrs.Sonam W. Shenga,
|4||DIC, Gyalzing||Mr. Simon Subba,
DIO (West), APIO
|5||DIC, Namchi||Mrs. Urmila Gurung,
|6||DIC Mangan||Mr. Sonam