Gangtok, 03 Apr (IPR): General Observer for Assembly Constituency, Ms. Mousumi Chattarak Chaudhuri, today visited the following Polling stations areas:
- Government Sr Secondary School, Mining
- Rangoo Bazaar Jr High School, Room no.1 for Mandi Bazaar
- Rangpo Jr High School, Room no2 for Rangpo Upper Bazaar
- Rangoo School, Room number 3 fir lower Rangpo Bazaar
- Rangpo School of room no 4 for Chanatar Ward
- West Pendam C and D at ATTC Bardang
- Mazitar Aand B at Mazitar Jr High School
Ms Chaudhuri met with the Flying Squad, Video Surveillance and Flying Squad Teams where by she urged the officials to discharge their duties effectively to ensure successful, free and fair election. She also directed the Sector Magistrates to keep strict and proper surveillance and be more vigilant soecially during 48 hrs prior to poll day.
The GO also enquired about the provision for facilities such as drinking water, sanitation and other basic facilities. She also stated for compulsory casting of votes according to strict guidelines by the Election Commission of India. She enquired about the facilities related to Person with Disability (PwD) and directed that such provisions should be taken up on a compulsory basis.
Ms Mousi Chattaraj Chaudhuri in her series of visits had visited Assam Lingzey, Ranipool, Samdur and Pakyong on 31st March and Singtam, Sirwani, Khamdong and Ralep on 1st April.